November 4, 2007

halloween....i know i'm late....

I finally got a picture from my Halloween day at school! I was a pirate...Jack Sparrow to be exact and it was so much fun! At first I really think I scared the kids and they were like who is this person. Then after a while they started to warm up and ask me questions like, "Are you a pirate?" And then it would hit them...."Are you Capn. Jack Sparrow?" Ding, ding, ding, we have a winner! So it turned out to be a really good day! My favorite costumes that I saw during the school day were; Napoleon Dynamite and Pedro, mini mouse, and an army dude. I also thought it was funny that one girl who was also a pirate, similar to me, would wave and smile at me everytime I saw her in the hall, like we were shipmates. It was cute!


Onto my beef with trunk or treats, for Natalie....sorry I kept you waiting! It just irks me that trunk or treats have become the tradition for Halloween now! Think back to when you were a kid, walking around the neighborhood all dressed up, knocking on doors was the best part about Halloween...it's what we looked forward, or at least I did anyway. So my view may be different than yours because I am not a parent...but if you are worried about your kids not being safe because they are walking around outside.....go trick or treating with them! They don't have to go alone! And only go to the people that you know...that eliminates the mystery....it's just that simple! I know that the kids now have basically grown up only knowing trunk or treats, so they don't even know what they are missing out on! Plus I'm sick and tired of buying candy that no one ever comes to get! Let's revert back to the ways of our childhood next year. And now I'm done!

7 comments:

Trisha said...

You look awesome! How funny that your kids were a litle scared of you:)
And trunk or treats are not as bad as it seems, we just did both! (since they usually aren't on Halloween). Plus, who wants to miss the Haloween party that generally goes along with the trunk or treat? But it is a bummer when nobody comes knocking:(

Ashlie said...

Love the costume. I hate trunk or treat too. I loved walking around and doing the whole trick or treating!

Ashlee said...

hi brandy, i'm glad you found my blog! you two are the cutest couple, i like your blog too-very original! you look awesome as jack sparrow:) hope to see you at firehouse sometime, ha ha!

Creel Family said...

Hey Brandy! It's Tara Creel (Turley : ). I love your blog. You and Corey are so cute! I agree with you on the trunk or treat thing. We went to one this year, and it just didn't seem the same as it was for us when we were kids.

Katy said...

Brandy I totally agree with the trunk-or-treating. I hate it. I love trick or treating and I think they need to get rid or trunk-or-treating. Great costume!

Natalie said...

Okay, I totally agree with you on the trick-or-treating thing. It's the best! But, if you lived in my neighborhood, you probably wouldn't go outside at night either :) hehehe

Theurer Clan said...

Love the costume! I hear ya about the trunk-or-treating. Steve told me he wouldn't go to the ward trunk-or-treat because he needed to stay home and support the "real" trick-or-treaters. I made him come with me anyway, because we can't take Tana trick-or-treating. Hopefully soon though!