October 4, 2008

A first and the runners up...

Yesterday my Mom gave me a giant container full of plums ready to become jam. I have NEVER made jam before and she left to Montreal today so she couldn't help me! Well, I'm proud to say that today I made my first batch of Plum Jam, I just hope it tastes as good as it looks!

It took nearly two hours from start to finish, made 7 1/2 jars, and now I'm completely exhausted!

I also thought I'd share the blog design runners up, since we didn't have a boy (and there was way more cute boy paper at the store), I have two blogs that just didn't make the cut...but they are soooo cute I wanted all to see them!

7 comments:

Katy said...

Way to go on the jam. Chris has been begging me to make home made jam and I've never done it either. Next summer I'm going to give strawberry jam a try.

As Lovers Go said...

I love that you were so prepared for if it was a boy! I want a belly pic since I never see you....we really all need to get together before I go to Canada on the 17th!!!

Lindsey said...

Those designs are adorable and the plum jam looks really yummy! This week I made strawberry jam for the first time. Maybe next time i'll have to try plum!

Natalie said...

Nice job- jam is quite the undertaking. Our mothers are way too ambitious if you ask me. Fun blog designs too :)

Ashlee said...

your blog is so cute, all girly:) i liked your other templates too, im so excited for you. that jam is very impressive! it takes forever though, huh!

The Mallory's said...

Brandy,
Congrats on the baby!! I am jealous, you will be such a cute pregnant lady. Your blog is adorable:o)

rigbyspot said...

Jam! You're always doing something aren't you? Way to go! Jeez, I was going to read what people said you had to have for your little Miss Monson but there was A LOT to read. Hope you weren't too overwhelmed!