February 24, 2009

Her Story


Now that we've settled into this baby life, I decided it best be time to share Charly's story before I forget it! It all started on Saturday night (Feb. 14th, 2009). Corey and I had been to Valentine's Day lunch and then went over to his parents to visit his Grandma when I started having contractions pretty regularly. After we left there, I came home and really timed them out, they were about 5 minutes or less apart. Well the doctor said if that was the case then to go up to the hospital, so we went. After two hours of monitoring they decided to send me home and go back when they were 3 minutes apart instead. The next day they were gone and I was feeling pretty good...I figured she'd be staying in my belly at least another week! So I went on with my life trying not to get my hopes up for an early delivery!
Monday morning I was awakened by my phone ringing and a mystery number I didn't recognize so I just let it ring. I listened to the message, it was my doctor wondering how I'd been over the weekend and if I was still having contractions....I wasn't....so I called him back. After talking about Saturday night he asked me if I wanted to come in and have my baby that morning because Labor and Delivery was dead! I couldn't believe my ears, so I of course said yes, why would I want to be pregnant a day longer if I didn't have to!
So I called Corey, told him we were going to have a baby and to come get me so we could go to the hospital! We got there and the nurses were ready for me, had a bouquet of suckers for me, some ice chips, mmm, and welcome messages on the white board. How awesome, the place was all ours! I got all changed and Dr. Noorda came and broke my water at 10:45 am. They started my IV and the pitocin at 11:00. I was dilated to a 1 1/2 and 70% effaced....it could be a long day they said! Well they were right, after being checked every hour and remaining about a 3 for most of the day, everyone started to get restless...except me! I got my epidural at like 1:30, best decision I ever made!
We were just glad it was Monday and that the Bachelor was going to be on so we'd have something to watch. Before the bachelor I was checked and awesomely enough I was now a good 6. Everyone cheered with joy that some progress had been made! Once my pitocin levels had been lowered I started contracting a lot more regularly so things started speeding up. After our show was almost over, the nurse checked me during the commercial and I was a 10! Sweet! I started the rest and descend at about 9:00 pm, couldn't make it a whole hour because I was feeling sooooo much pressure! So I started pushing at about 9:30, the doctor came twenty minutes later, and we had Charly at 10:12 pm that night.
So it was sort of a long day, but totally worth it! I feel so lucky that she got to come early and that she's a part of our family now! It's really hard to imagine life without her and we couldn't be happier!

12 comments:

Ashlee said...

oh brandy! she is absolutely PERFECT. that gorgeous skin! i hope you are feeling good-im sure you're a perfect mama!

Heather said...

I am so GLAD that everything went so WELL for you!!! She is absolutely PERFECT!!!!

Tasha said...

She is so sweet...I'm so happy for you guys!!

Trisha said...

Thanks for sharing:) She is beautiful. Congratulations, I'm so glad she's here!

Neisha said...

False labor is such a mean trick that nature plays on you. I am glad that you got to go early. Congratulations! We will have to get our little guys together for a picuture.

Chelsea and Dustin Walkenhorst. said...

Brandy Monson! Your Charly is just about the cutest thing I've ever seen! It was fun to hear about your day and everything. I'll have to come by sometime soon!

Ashlee said...

Oh she is so cute!!! She makes me want to have another one! I love the name Charly she totally fits in! Congrats!!!

The Nelsons said...

She is absolutely BEAUTIFUL! Congratulations. You are going to be the best mom! love ya!

Shannon and Kevin Mills said...

Congratulations hope you guys are doing good and learning all about eachother ... it's alot of work and a huge adjustment but so worth it.

Brian and Kristy said...

Yay! Congratulations! We're so happy for you. I'm so glad everything went well. She is just the cutest thing ever! Congrats and welcome to the parenting world!

Lindsey Smith said...

Yah, i LOVE the story behind the baby. What a sweet little girl, i want to just eat those cheeks. Enjoy being a mommy, there is nothing better in the world.

Kallee said...

congratulations! She's adorable. I'll be crossing my fingers that my doctor will just a call me out of the blue next time I'm ready to have a baby:).