March 4, 2009

two weeks new...

another week has gone by and now my baby is two weeks new! crazy how fast time is flying! well we are starting to learn a lot more about Charly!
***She is a pig...she loves to eat! Which might be why she weighed in at 7 lbs. 12 oz. yesterday at her 2 week old appointment.
***She also grew an inch and a quarter, now being 20 1/4 inches.
***She has crazy hands, I might have to post a video of it eventually because it's just way too funny!
***She likes to suck on anything, hands, burp rags, blankets, my fingers....and her bink!
***She lost her umbilical cord on her 12th day of life...thank heavens because that was looking gross!
***She got her first real bath yesterday the 3rd and actually didn't mind it until I think she got sorta cold! I'll post video of that too!
***She always smells good to us even if she's all spitty uppy! I just want to eat her!
***She likes to sleep on her tummy with mom and dad!
***And she has a hard time falling asleep now because she fights it, even though she's so darn tired! We're hoping the fan helps with that!
I think that's all for this week...she's just getting so big...but we're having so much fun!

12 comments:

As Lovers Go said...

She is SOOO cute! Why are they wearing masks? I hope you are getting some sleep, that was the hardest part for me! I can't decide who she looks like now!

Heather said...

She is so CUTE!!! It's the BEST thing EVER being mom!!!! And I feel the same way when they smell so good you do just want to eat them...mmmmmmm I love the baby smell!!! SO much fun!!! you look so good too. I need you call you I haven't talked to you for EVER!

THE COLLETT FAMILY!! said...

OH Brandy she is so dang cute! It makes me miss how litle and newborn they look and my little one is only two months old! They grow so fast!! You look amazing and your baby is beautiful. Keep up the good work mommy!

Ashlee said...

Oh the days of snuggling. I loved those times. But I will have to say that that bow is bigger than her head. But she is still supper cute!

Lindsey Smith said...

Those pics are so sweet, i love the one with you and her asleep. I have the best book ever and you have to read it. it's called Healthy Sleep Habits Healthy Children. It has answers to every question and it takes you from birth to like ten years of age. I still use it like once a month. anyhoo it was so helpful I tell everyone. Have fun lovin on the sweet little girl.

Ashlie said...

Brandy, she is adorable! I just want to give her lots of loves. I can't wait for mine now. I forget how small they are> fun!

jon and whit said...

CONGRATS!!! she is a DOLL! sounds like you're loving being a mommy! i can't wait!!

Sarah said...

oh my heck I am so jealous right now. What a stinkin cutie. I want to hold my baby so bad, hopefully not much longer. Charly is adorable and I'm glad you're enjoying her. I love her dimples too!

Anonymous said...

Biggest honkin bow I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Biggest honkin bow I've ever seen.

Anonymous said...

Biggest honkin bow I've ever seen.

Natalie said...

Wow, someone has a beef with her bow :) I think they're dang cute! I remember when Ivy was born and we had headbands for her, and you told me you didn't like them because they were too big! hehehe
And I totally know what you mean about the smelling thing- I love how my kids smell!